What’s the difference between a TS and an HSS?

by Bradlee Fletcher on May 30, 2012

For most of us, this may seem like a silly question. A hollow structural section, or HSS, is the same thing as tube steel, or TS, right? Actually, I’ve been asked this very question, so I feel a short explanation may be necessary. Steel tubing, or tube steel, is what we used to use in the U.S. to describe a closed steel section — wheth...

Read more

The JMC Steel Group’s Solar Solutions

by Jelani Rucker on April 18, 2012

Fueled by the rising cost of fossil fuels and increasing concerns about global climate change, solar energy is the fastest growing energy technology in the United States. With the increased demand for alternative energy, a robust solar construction industry has emerged, JMC Steel...

Read more