New jumbo HSS
Sizes up to 22” square. Walls up to 1” thick. Rolled right here in the U.S.A.
Coming September 2021. Learn more.
Designing with HSS: A Corporate Overview of Atlas Tube
Known throughout North America for Hollow Structural Sections (HSS), Atlas Tube produces steel to all major specifications and can roll custom grades and lengths to meet the demands of any project. Hear from Brad Fletcher, S.E., in our third installment of our video series, Designing with HSS: Corporate Overview, on why no other manufacturer offers more flexibility or capacity when it comes to steel.
Here are a few quick stats on why we’re the HSS market leader:
- Largest size range in North America:
- 1″-16″ squares; full range of rectangles
- Rounds to 20″ outside diameter
- “Jumbo” HSS sizes range from 18″ to 22″ square and up to .875″ wall
- Shortest rolling cycles in the industry: 2-3 weeks on most items
- Ability to roll special grades of HSS: High Strength Low Alloy, A847 (weathering steel), Copper Bearing steel, CVN minimum properties and many customer specific specifications
- Ability to roll custom lengths to reduce cost and waste: rolled lengths over 100′ (max length for square and rectangle is 85’, max length for rounds is 125’)
- Full traceability of product from hot rolled coil to finished tube
- Metallurgists on staff to assist with technical and product questions
If you have ideas for additional topics or questions about any of the information provided in the series, please let me know (firstname.lastname@example.org).