Five Reasons to Spec Straight-Seam Pipe Piles
Not all steel piling is as it seams. Do you know the top reasons why straight-seam ERW pipe piles lead to better DOT projects?
1) Superior Load Bearing —With 30% less weld per foot than spiral-weld, straight-seam ERW pipe piles are less likely to experience weld failure, making them the preferred choice for load bearing and structural support applications.
2) Easier Splicing — Based on market feedback, we know it takes less fit-up time to splice straight-seam piles compared to spiral-weld. Spiral-weld piles can unravel when spliced and the outside bead needs to be filed down for mechanical coupling. Straight-seam piles keep projects moving on time and within budget.
3) Equal Weight Distribution —The cylindrical shape of straight-seam piles distributes load equally, compared to H-piles.
4) 30% More Friction —The larger surface area of straight-seam piles product 30% more skin friction, compared to H-piles. Plus, there are no inside corners to pull away from the surface.
5) Green and Sustainable— Steel’s high recycled content and high reclamation rate make it the ideal material for green structures and your LEED certification needs.
Pin piles, micro piles, standard pipe piles and mini caissons – get the ERW process information you need for your geotechnical and deep foundation piling construction projects at www.atlaspipepiles.com.